A purchase is necessary to enter or win.
This competition Joey and the Golden Rooper (the “Competition”) is governed exclusively by the laws of Canada. Void where prohibited by law.
1. Dates of Competition: The Competition begins at the start of Roo & You's fiscal year, at 00:01 am Eastern Standard Time (EST) on December 1st, 2022 - November 30th, 2023. Upon 11:59PM on November 30th, 2023, the Competition will renew. This Contest shall run in perpetuity until Roo & You ceases the Competition under Roo & You's sole discretion with no prior warning.
2. Sponsor: Roo & You inc., doing business as “Roo & You” is a Canadian Company located at 487 Newbold Street, London, ON, Canada N6E 1K4, which designs and sells children's hard goods (hereinafter Roo & You).
3. Eligibility: The Competition is open to legal residents of Canada and United States of America who have reached the age of majority in their province or territory of residence at the time of entry, with the exception of employees of Roo & You, its parent, related and affiliated companies, subsidiaries, departments or agencies, franchisees, suppliers, advertising and promotional agencies, contest administrators, and any other parties engaged in the development, production or distribution of Competition materials and those living in the same household ("the Participants"). By participating in this Competition, entrants acknowledge compliance with, and agree to be bound by, these Competition Rules. Entrants who do not comply with any of the Competiton Rules are subject to disqualification by Roo & You, in Roo & You’s sole discretion.
4. Agreement to Rules: By participating in the Competition, you, the Participant, fully and unconditionally agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Roo & You, which will be final and binding in all matters relating to the Competition.
5. How to Enter: To be able to participate in the Competition and have a chance to win the “Prize” (as defined below), Participants must:
– have placed an order during the Competition Period on the www.rooandyou.ca website with delivery to one of the following countries: Canada or the United States of America. When you receive your product, examine the package. If there is a Golden Ticket in it, you are an instant winner of a prize, subject to verification of eligibility.
Entries before or after the Competition Period will not be taken into account.
By participating in the Competition, the Participant accepts these Official Rules.
Any attempt or suspected attempt to use robotic, automatic, programmed, or otherwise, illicit means to enter the Competition, or any other methods not authorized by these Competition Rules, for example, but not limited to, creating multiple accounts, identities, or registrations, all in Roo & You’s sole discretion, shall be deemed as tampering and may disqualify you from entering, participating and/or winning a prize. Entries that contain false or incomplete information are void. Entries that are late, lost, stolen, illegible, contain false information, are damaged, misdirected, mutilated, garbled or incomplete, altered or otherwise irregular or that do not conform with or satisfy any or all of the conditions of the Competition Rules are void. Entrants grant Roo & You a non-exclusive license to use all entries for any purpose. No correspondence will be entered into except with selected entrants. Proof of transmission (screenshots or captures, etc.) does not constitute proof of entry or receipt of an entry.
6. Prize: Roo & You will randomly insert a golden ticket representing the Prize in two hundred (200) orders placed during the Competition Period from the Participants who adhere to the conditions mentioned in section 5 (hereinafter the “Winners”), i.e., a total of two hundred (200) Winners during the competition period.
Golden tickets will be randomly allocated in boxes. The Prize will be awarded to two hundred (200) Winners during Dates of Competition, who must be Participants meeting the terms of participation.
The Prize consists of one (1) full reimbursement of a product that contains a golden ticket. Value is contingent on the item purchased by the Participant.
Valid only for one item on a Participant's order from the Roo & You website (the “Prize”). The Prize is personal, cannot be exchanged or refunded in cash and is valid until sixty (60) days after delivery.
The Prize is awarded “as is” with no warranty or guarantee, either express or implied. The right to receive the Prize is not transferable, and no substitutions or cash equivalents are permitted except at Roo & You’s sole discretion or as otherwise provided herein. Roo & You reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to award a Prize of equal or greater value if the advertised Prize is unavailable. Roo & You will not replace the Prize if it is lost or stolen. Any and all prize-related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and local taxes, shall be the sole responsibility of the Winner.
7. To Claim Prize: Follow the instructions provided on the Golden Ticket found on the product. You must email a photograph of your Golden Ticket to email@example.com sixty (60) days of delivery, and retain the physical Golden Ticket in your possession. Alternatively, you may mail in your Golden Ticket to the address indicated above. Mail-in claims must be postmarked by the delivery date, and must be received within sixty (60) days of delivery to be eligible. Please keep a photocopy of your Golden Ticket before mailing as directed. Subject to verification of eligibility by Roo & You and compliance with the terms of these Official Rules, the potential winners will be declared official winners of the Sweepstakes ("Winners"). The decisions of Roo & You are final and binding on all matters relating to this Sweepstakes.
As a result of the acceptance of the Prize, each Winner authorizes Roo & You to use its name, first name, city of residence, on all media known or unknown to date, in particular the internet and social networks, without this use being able to give rise to any consideration other than the Prize won, for the purposes of promoting the results of the Competition.
Roo & You cannot be held responsible for delays, losses, damage or malfunctions of the Internet or the messaging system, which occurred during the delivery of the Prize.
If the Prize is not used within sixty (60) days of delivery, the Winner will lose the Prize and the Prize will remain acquired by Roo & You.
8. Prize conditions: Winners must have the ability, using lawful means, to fulfill the documentation requirements described in the “Winner Verification” section below within seventy-two (72) hours of being contacted by a Roo & You representative. All Prize details shall be determined in the sole and absolute discretion of Roo & You. All costs and expenses associated with the Prize acceptance and use not specified herein as being provided are the sole responsibility of each individual Winner. Each Winner is fully responsible for all applicable federal, provincial and local taxes (including income and withholding taxes). The Prize is non-transferable and non-assignable, with no cash redemptions except at Roo & You’s sole and absolute discretion. Roo & You reserves the right to substitute any Prize (or any portion thereof) with a prize of comparable or greater value at its sole and absolute discretion.
9. Odds of winning: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible purchase and entries received before the Contest End Date.
10. Skill Testing Question: Selected Entrants will be required, as a condition to winning a Prize, to correctly answer, without assistance of any kind, Roo & You’s time-limited, mathematical skill-testing question to be administered via the sponsor release.
11. Verification of Winners: Winner will be confirmed as per section 7. Roo & You, or an employee, agent or other representative of Roo & you, will conduct a skill testing question as well as identification of the Entrant. If the identity of a Selected Entrant is disputed, the entry will be deemed to have been submitted by the Authorized Account Holder (the individual assigned to the e-mail address or, if applicable for entry, social media handle associated with the entry). Each Selected Entrant may be required to provide proof that he/she is the Authorized Account Holder associated with the selected entry.
13. General Terms: Decisions made by Roo & You are final in all matters, including interpretation of these Official Rules and awarding of the Prize. Participants assume all risk of loss, damage, destruction, delay, or misdirection of Competition materials submitted to Roo & You. Roo & You reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Competition, or any part of it, if any virus, bugs, other technical failures, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or any other causes beyond Roo & You’s control impair the administration, security, integrity, or proper functioning of the Competition, as determined by Roo & You in its sole discretion. Roo & You in its sole discretion reserves the right to disqualify any Participant it finds to be tampering with or attempting to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Competition or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules.
Any attempt by a Participant to deliberately damage or undermine the legitimate operation of the Competition may be a violation of criminal and civil laws, and, should such an attempt be made, Roo & You reserves the right to seek damages from any Participant to the fullest extent permitted by law. Roo & You’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that term.
14. Release: By participating in the Competition, you agree to release and hold harmless Roo & You, affiliates, and related companies, and each of their respective officers, directors, and employees and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the Competition or the receipt or use or misuse of any Prize.
15. Limitation of Liability: Roo & You is not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by Participant, printing errors, or any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Competition; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to, malfunctions, delays, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Competition or the processing of entries; (4) late, lost, undeliverable, damaged, stolen, misdirected, or postage due entries; (5) late, lost, undeliverable, damaged, stolen, misdirected, of postage orders including the Prize; or (6) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, by Participant’s participation in the Competition or receipt or use or misuse of any Prize.
16. Disputes & Law: The Competition is void where prohibited by law and is subject to all applicable Canadian federal, provincial, territorial, municipal and local laws. This Competition shall be governed exclusively by the laws of Ontario, including all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Competition Rules, rights and obligations between entrants and the Sponsor, and procedural provisions, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules. Any dispute shall be adjudicated by the courts sitting in Ottawa, Ontario.
As a condition of participating in this Competition, Participant agrees that any and all causes of action arising out of or connected with this Competition, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in London, Canada. Further, under no circumstances will Participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and Participant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, other than Participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses, and Participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
17. Winner Name and Rules: To obtain a copy of the Winner's names or a copy of these Official Rules, e-mail your request along with a picture of government photo identification.
18. Rule amendments: Roo & You reserves the right, in their sole discretion, to cancel or suspend the Conmpetition (or any portion thereof) should virus, bugs, unauthorized human intervention, or other causes corrupt administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper operation of the Contest (or any portion thereof). In the event of cancellation, Roo & You may elect to identify the Winners and award the Prizes by way of random drawing from among all non-suspect purchases received for the applicable Competition Period up to the time of such cancellation. Roo & You also reserves the right, in their sole discretion, to modify these Official Rules for clarification purposes without materially affecting the terms and conditions of the Competition.